Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First blog entry of the year...oh the horror

Well, from now on until the semester ends, I will be writing my journals on an internet blog. Well ain't that grand? I suppose writing up a word document is out of style now, and apparently it's better to write about stuff online instead for all the world to witness, instead of keeping that secret since some info is best left unknown, at least that is how I feel. As you can tell I am not thrilled about writing on an internet blog. I don't see the big deal about writing down my opinions for someone halfway across the planet to read about what I have to say about gay rights, poverty, religion, the eventual end of it all, or whatever the prompt maybe. Good thing this stupid blog has security settings, so that less people can see what I have to write  here, and after all, who wants to read what I have to say about anything anyways?

Moving right along, I have no choice but to do this assignment, so might as well grin and bear it. I t can't possibly get any worse, right? Anyway, my audience for these blogs could be anything from the entire population of internet users, to simply my writing and rhetoric class. Or it could simply be my teacher. Well I don't want the world of internet users out there to read what I have to say...they'll all argue and bitch about how my my opinions are idiotic, or criticize me for my "idiologically extreme" beliefs. I think it be better to simply have my audience consist of only my teacher, which means less stress for me and hopefully more focused writing (hopefully). I'm not sure what type of writing style I should go with, but I feel that I should stick to maybe first person point of view mixed in with open-prose form of writing.

Pictures? Personal interests? What is this, an online dating service? Of course I'm not putting anything of the sort on this blog. This is a class assignment, not some silly little online social network. If I wanted to do that, I'd make a page on some over-hyped, boring social networking sight. What was it called again? Oh well, who freakin cares. As I was saying, if people are going to be accessing this blog, I don't want them or anyone else learning more about me. My interests, email address, birhtday, etc, is none of your bleeding business, so don't bother asking about it. And with that, I hope that this whole "blogging" thing goes well, seeing as it's my first time AND to top things off I am a horrible, horrible writer. I make Dr. Seuss' work look like Shakespeare, and that is NOT an exaggeration, I'm being serious here. Well that's it for tonight, so farewell for now.     

No comments:

Post a Comment